The hike for Sun Feb 6th starts at St Elizabeth School at the bottom of Horse Hill at 3:45 sharp. A convoy leaves Dr Thompson's office yard at Hothesal Turning roundabout on the ABC H'way @ 3:15 sharp. Don't be late. Bring a friend(s) & flashlight.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Preying on the weak! Hook them from early.

I 




I tend not to visit Bridgetown often and when I do it is usually for something specific. I therefore may not be aware of many shops in the city. I certainly can’t remember when last I ate in Bridgetown and am therefore even more unaware of the present eateries in the city.
My curiosity was piqued when I heard an advertisement recently for " a business", specializing in cakes, brownies, some pastries were called and coming soon….. ice cream. I marveled that an establishment could survive in these time selling pure junk and poison to the body. What really made me cringe though was the special 20% discount being offered to children in school uniform. Preying on the weak! Hook them from early.
Sugar is addictive, sugar is associated with a myriad of adverse health effects, and sugar addicts get physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms when they go without. How is this any different than other substances we associate with “substance abuse”?
How many years behind the world is Barbados with legislation to stop smoking in public places? When will we join the developed world with legislation against driving under the influence of alcohol? Are we going to be a front runner in the fight against sugar or do we follow again 20 years later???



IronDocs Admin-telling you what you need to hear!!

No comments: